Predeal is a city in Brașov county, on the border between the historical regions of Muntenia and Transylvania, Romania, consisting of the component localities Pârâul Rece, Predeal (residence), Timișu de Jos and Timișu de Sus. It is the city located at the highest altitude in Romania (1030-1110 m).
Currently, Predeal is known especially through winter sports, offering the possibility to ski on 5 slopes, thanks to the chairlift and the ski lifts it has.
Predeal resort is recommended for the treatment of neuroasthenia, for the reinvigoration of weakened organisms, for the subsequent recovery of physical or intellectual overloads, for the treatment of endocrine disorders and problems of growth of children. The main cleaning factors are clean air, free of dust or other allergic agents, rich in ozone and ultraviolet radiation, ionized atmosphere and relatively low air pressure.
|Area (km2)||57,1 km²|
Sports & nature
Ski slopes in Predeal
- Cocosul Party (2250 meters, average difficulty)
- Clabucet Party (2100 meters, medium difficulty)
- Subteleferic Slope (1200 meters, increased difficulty)
- Clabucet slope arrival (800 meters, low difficulty, with lighting and artificial snow)
- Clabucet slope variant (790 meters, low difficulty, with artificial snow)
- Paraul Rece slope (520 meters, medium difficulty)
- Cioplea Party (200 meters, average difficulty)
- Garbova Party (900 meters, low difficulty)
- Polistoaca Fond Party (2500 meters, medium difficulty)
- Trei Brazi (300 meters, low difficulty)
- Predeal mountain route - Cioplea - Susai
- Mountain route Valea Rasnoavei - Fitifoiu peak - Predeal
- Prapastia bear (from Timisu de Jos)
- The Seven Stairs Keys (from Timisu de Jos)
- Stamina Waterfall (from Timisu de Sus)
Culture and history info
Among the most important tourist objectives we can mention: the Predeal monastery, the Legionary cemetery from Predeal (behind the Predeal Monastery), the villa of Marshal Antonescu (located in the Cioplea area of Predeal), the statue of the hero-poet Mihail Săulescu (located at the entrance to Predeal from Brașov ), the church of Saint Emperors Constantin and Elena (located in the center of Predeal).
Church of Saint Emperors Constantine and Helen of Predeal
The founder of the monastery was Ioanichie Hieromonah and the Spiritual. A columnist with a chronic aspect, written on May 20, 1821, recognizes the date of establishment "in 1774, in June in 20", when this monk priest asked for and obtained the construction site from "too honorable the noble cow-boy, Gregory. buzoianu ".
Unfortunately no tours were found.
Unfortunately no cruises were found.
Unfortunately no car rentals were found.